Under Musical Construction and Atlanta Music Therapy use the power of MUSIC as their therapeutic tool to inspire, encourage, and assist individuals in accomplishing their goals. When used as a methodical and scientifically sound tool, MUSIC provides a comforting, safe, and judgement-free environment for individuals to facilitate joy, and benefit from the release of tiring stressors of everyday life. Working with varying populations- children to geriatrics, and trained in a multitude of musical genres and therapeutic modalities; the possibilities of what can be achieved through music are endless.
Meet Our Staff
What is a high-quality early childhood music program?
- An environment that promotes positive relationships and self-esteem.
- A planned curriculum that fosters all aspects of a young child’s development: cognitive, emotional, language, physical, and social.
- Approaches teaching as a developmentally sound, and linguistically appropriate experience, where cultural differences, and individual abilities are praised and encouraged.
- Is accountable for the ongoing progress of each participating child, and communicates this to the school staff and parents.
- Leads activities in a manner in which safety and well-being are always part of the tasks at-hand.
- Employs a teaching staff that excel in educational qualifications, where knowledge of the world of music, and an understanding of child development is the professional commitment necessary to promote and support these young learners.
- Works tirelessly to promote, build and maintain a collaborative relationship with each child and family represented.
- Implements strong personnel, fiscal, and program management policies so that all children, families, and staff receive the highest quality experiences.
High-quality programs provide safe and nurturing learning environment while promoting the development of young children. Selecting music programs provided by Under Musical Construction, assure the consumer that over 25 years of ongoing musical excellence is not only our norm, we are the exception!
“The German Institute for Economic Research…found that those who had taken music lessons outside school scored significantly higher in terms of cognitive skills, had better grades and were more conscientious and ambitious than their peers”
The Adaptive Learning Center
R. Kirk Learning Center at Georgia Tech
Atlanta School of Ballet
GP Center for Kids at Georgia Pacific
Jeannette Cathy Child Development Center at Chick-fil-a Corporate Headquarters
The Wellness Community
Elaine Clark Center
Community Service Boards of Cobb and Fulton Counties
Child Development Center at Spellman College
Sunrise Assisted Living Facilities
Capitol Hill Child Development Center
Adele Davis Jewish Academy
Atria of Buckhead
Children’s Program for Atlanta Athletic Concourse
Babies Can’t Wait/Early Intervention: Gwinnett, Rockdale, Newton, Cobb, Fulton, Forsyth
Turner Broadcasting Systems Second Generation
Peachtree Park Prep
All Saints Episcopal Child Development Center
Montessori of Lawrenceville
Bright Horizons of Alpharetta
Smyrna Community Center
Country Brook Montessori
Oak Meadow Montessori
Norcross Methodist Pre-School Program
Swift Learning Center
St. Martins in the Field Pre-School
Wieuca Road Baptist Churst Children’s Program
Central Presbyterian Church Child Development Center
The Greenhouse Child Development Center at Newell Rubbermaid
Bright Horizons at Atlantic Station
Bright Horizons at Norfolk Southern